Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Best Title Ever.... Mommy

I've been called daughter, sister, friend, teacher, and wife...but I must say that the sweetest name I've ever been called is Mommy! By no means is being a mom an easy job but by far the most humbling and rewarding!

My sweet little monkey will be turning two in a few short days! As I look back o we the past two years I am completely overwhelmed at how in love I become each day! There are days where the testing and trying temperament of a strong willed, independent girlie girl are difficult but at the end of the day I realize just how blessed I am.

I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to show Lucy Jane all the things that are really important in life. I want to show her that loving the Lord is the most important and that when you decide to live for him you have complete happiness no matter your circumstances. I want to show her that being kind and respectful will get you far in life. I want to show her how to have a grateful heart toward others and show compassion to others.

To me...being a mom is so much more than changing diapers, feeding meals, and scheduling play dates. It is developing a lady with character and integrity that grows each day to be a positive light in this dark world. I try to remember in the stressful times to focus on what really matters and not let the small stuff ruin a day.

Feeling sappy due to her birthday coming and can't stop thinking about how important my job as mom really is. To all my momma friends, I thank you for the wonderful examples you are setting for young moms and am thankful that I have great models to look up to in this journey!

Sure do love my sweet baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment