Saturday, June 2, 2012

Crazy Campers!

As I am typing this I am sitting on the couch in an rv we rented as rich drives us down the road! Yes, I said RV! I love that my husband is crazy, adventurous, and spontaneous! I am typically not...so he brings out the fun in us all!

Here's how it started! Over Memorial Day weekend he decided he wanted us to get a tent and go camping as a family! DISASTER WITH A 2 YEAR OLD! (atleast with our 2 year old!) she hated the tent! We drove dirt roads at midnight to get her to sleep and were up at 4 with her screaming for us to get out and go home! She won!!! By 6:00, our campsite was empty and we were on our way home!

Somehow we managed to get lost on the way home and found ourselves on a 10 mile dirt road! It was called, "Hilltop Road"! Ended up with a flat tire! Icing on the cake for the trip! Needless to say, Rich was bound and determined to take us camping!

Tuesday, I'm getting my hair done in fort smith. He calls and says he's rented an RV and we are headed to the beach! For those of you who know my child, it is impossible to keep her in a carseat for a trip to Target...much less a 12 hour drive to the beach! Sounded fun and I was super excited about having him all to myself for a week!!

We packed up Big Betty (32 foot camper) and headed out of town! I had my first experience sleeping at a truck stop, too! Oh ya, we have our two toy poodles with us too! This just adds to the experience, right?! A few bruises and one bloody nose so far but we have survived! (all from being slung around while driving) haha

We are on our way home now and truly had a blast being together! However, we all decided next time a condo would probably be a better idea! We met some sweet people and went to some super fun places!

Top things I leaned on this trip:
1. I will never take indoor plumbing for granted again. (NEVER)
2. Staying in a 'truck' for a week definitely makes a family closer.
3. Walking through the sand carrying a 2 year old and beach toys definitely proves how out of shape I am.
4. Puppies are not meant to go on family vacations.
5. Make sure you get all sand off of you before crawling into a small bed...impossible to remove.

Pictures coming in later post!

No comments:

Post a Comment