Friday, June 22, 2012

Trip of a Lifetime

I am just a little behind on posting this blog, but better late than never right?!  Rich completely surprised me with a trip to Cancun in April!  He called me on a Tuesday evening and asked if we had plans for the weekend?!  I said I didn't think so.....he replies with..okay we are going to Mexico! 

When we got married we didn't go on a fancy tropical honeymoon...we took a road trip to Minnesota which is a very special place for us both!  We had a blast but always wished we would have gone on a trip like this before we had a child!  I left on Wednesday and drove Lucy Jane to my sister and Josh in Oklahoma City!  I knew she would have a blast there and be perfectly content while we were away!  Poor Tee Tee was just a few months pregnant at the time and I know Lucy Jane gave her a run for her money!  Here are a few pictures from our trip! 

The first day we got massages underneath a little hut right on the ocean!  Great timing before we got sunburned!  So relaxing! It started to rain and I think we both fell asleep! 



We spent everyday, all day, in the pool or in the ocean! It was so relaxing.  We truly were able to just enjoy each other and have zero stresses!  Soooo nice!  The view was amazing!  I think couples need to make a point to make time for themselves as a couple sometimes and remember where it all started. It is so easy to get caught up in the day to day routines and forget to cherish your spouse.

I tried to facetime with Lucy Jane each day!

She was having lots of fun with Tee Tee as you can tell! :)



My handsome hubby!  He got us a ship all to ourselves to go deep sea fishing for the day!  It was so much fun and we both caught 100 lb. fish!  It was quite a workout, but memories were made!





We had such a great trip!  We ate some great food, relaxed, and remembered where it all began!  I can't wait to go back again!  Thankful for a spontaneous husband that enjoys surprising me!  :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment