Friday, March 27, 2015

Fun Saturday with the Parents!

The kids and I had such a great day last Saturday! We had some work being done in our kitchen and needed to be out of the house. We were also over due a visit with mom and dad, so we drove down and spent the day! 

Mom and I used to spend Saturdays shopping together when I lived in Ft. Smith. I miss the little things like that a lot! It's so much harder to pull off days like that with two kids, but we made it happen! Mom may have been embarrassed once or twice, but it all worked out! 


We had lunch at Taco Bell! It is Lucy Jane's favorite, so she really felt like she scored, but secretly mom and I enjoy our bean burritos just as much! :). Kaylor enjoyed throwing all of our trash away! Piece by piece! In the dirty, nasty, trash can! Oh well, it kept him happy, since it was during nap time and we had plans to keep pushing him! 


Both kids decided they needed to ride in the stroller, and Nana was nominated to push them! :)

We headed back to mom and dads house to hang out! Playing outside, and enjoying the small things are what I love most about family and small towns! I LOVE living in NWA, but I say my church is my small town here! I am a small town, need a network of friends around me, kind of girl! I love who I am because off growing up in a small town! 


Riding his bike!



And if you look closely, the blur way up in front is Lucy Jane! She doesn't lag behind!



So much fun!  Lucy Jane talked my dad into walking down into the cellar with her! I remember camping out in there over night as a little girl! I love how intrigued by the cellar she is, and how willing Bubba was to go down in with her, hurt toe and all!


The kids always take baths and get Into pajamas before we drive home! They had a little system for getting hair done!


We didn't have a big party for Kaylors birthday, so mom had a special cupcake lit to celebrate after they took baths!

 
I think he felt pretty special! 


I love time with family and seeing smiles on my kiddos faces! The older I get, I truly understand what it is that really matters! Perfect Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment