Tuesday, June 21, 2011

TERRIFIC Tuesday!

What a fun Tuesday, and not anything we had planned for at all!  My plan for today was to clean, relax at home, and pack for our trip to Oklahoma City.  We are leaving tomorrow to go visit Haley and Josh for a couple days. 

Rich got home last night and it was almost bedtime.....and  hewas out the door at 7:00 this morning.  I got up when he did and went ahead and got ready for the day.  I woke LJ up at 8:30 and got her ready and we headed up the hill to spend the day at the office with Rich!  It was such a spontaneous move on my part....and ended up being a fun day! 

(A little personal here)....I am officially married to a 'workaholic'.  I'm not saying that is good or bad...it is what it is.  I HATE that he is gone so much, morning until night, I HATE that he misses so many sweet little giggles, smiles, and messes from our little monkey.  I HATE that there are days when our conversations are quick and seem meaningless.  I HATE that he can't be sitting at home with me all day playing in the mess with Lucy Jane. 

HOWEVER.....God has really changed my heart lately on how I have been looking at this situation.  I should LOVE that I have such a hardworking husband.  and LOVE that he desires to provide for Lucy Jane and me.  and LOVE that he makes the most of the time he is home with us.  and LOVE that he tells us everyday that we are his world!  and LOVE that he has made it where I am able to stay at home with Lucy Jane during these fragile, most important years of her life. and LOVE that now my schedule is flexibile where we can be with him anytime that we want.   Instead of dwelling on my poor pathetic feelings I have to count my blessings and be thankful that I have a husband who does provide instead of  having a lazy bum! 

Sooo....I said all that to say...this morning I kept having this thought 'do your devotion, Hilary' over and over.  To be really honest, I didn't want to do my devotion.  I wanted to feel sorry for myself that Rich was leaving for the day to go to work and I wouldn't see him much. 

I gave in and did my devotion....not with a very good attitude though!  (just being real)  How funny.....God had something just for me!  (Imagine that) 
"Thank me for the very things that are troubling you.  You are tempted to indulge in just a little complaning about my trestment of you.  It is impossible to thank me and curse me at the same time.  Thanking me for trials will feel awkward and contrived at first.  But if you persist, your thankful words, prayed in faith, will eventually make a difference in your heart.  Thankfulness awakens you to My Presence, which overshadows all your problems.   "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. " Phil 4:4-6
"Those who abandon ship the first time it enters a storm miss the calm beyond.  And the rougher the storms weathered together, the deeper and stronger real love grows."  Ruth Bell Graham 
"The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions, and not on our circumstances."  Martha Washington

So.....all that said to say God told me to change my attitude...be a wife that encourages, loves, prays for, and expresses thankfullness to my husband.  I can honestly say that I have been very negative and almost resentful for him working so hard for us.  (I know hard to believe) :) ha 

Once we got home, it was play time for Lucy Jane...here are just a few pictures. 

Lucy Jane and Daddy at the office!

I tried to tell her "1" necklace would do, but as you can see she didn't listen!




No comments:

Post a Comment