Saturday, March 29, 2014

Happy First Birthday, Kaylor Joe!

Ya'll, my little 6 pound 8 ounce baby boy just turned a year old.  I have had a hard time sitting down to complete this post!  We forgot our good camera at the office and all the pictures on our phone STINK. Our video camera was not touched. Not one time. During his FIRST BIRTHDAY. I am mom of the year!  I was more concerned with the fact that he wouldn't nap, watching for the mail man to grab his (cute cute) shirt, and getting all the food out on the table, that I never even thought about using our video camera to capture his big day.  ughhhhh

The day was great!  He is a special little boy, that has had this Momma's heart since the moment my eyes saw him.  He is loved so so much by the best big sister in the whole world!  She wanted his day to be perfect! She woke him up singing to him, and spent the whole day showing him how to use his toys, and reminding him that he is ONE year old now! haha


 
 
His cake was precious!  A sweet lady, Mrs. Robinson, made this cake for him.  Obviously the theme was, "The Very Hungry Caterpillar."  She did such a good job at recreating the pinterest copied  picture that I sent her. :)
 
The lovely, Holly Thomas, made his cookies.  She is an AMAZING artist!  She even wrote the story out on some of the cookies and had his name written over them.  That is a momma's touch!  Ya'll need to follow her in instagram to see all the neat stuff she does!  @thedoughmestichousewife  I may have hidden one in the pantry to look at every now and then! :) 

 
Here is a cute video of him eating a cookie!!!
 
 
Our sweet friend, Angel, made Kaylor and Lucy Jane shirts for his party day! :)  She was worried sick that they weren't going to be here in time....but guess what!!!!! 12:50 they were delivered in the mailbox!!!!! Party started at 1:00!  Perfect timing! Ya'll follow her on instagram @themustardseed  She makes the cutest monogrammed stuff, too!


 
I made him a little birthday banner with pictures from birth-a year on a caterpillar! 










He loved his cake!!! He was sooo sleepy because for some reason he decided he wasn't going to take a nap that morning! Honestly, that never happens so it was very odd.  He crashed soon after the sugar high! 
 






 
He got lots of fun toys, had sweet friends and family over, and spent the day being cuddled and loved on.  I couldn't have planned it to have gone any better.  I wish I would have taken more pictures....but guess that is just how it happened! 
 
My friend Mollie shares a birthday with Kaylor, and she came by to celebrate with him before having her own party!  How sweet of her!
 
 
Ashley and her crew drove up from Ft. Smith and spent the whole day!  I am not sure how to have a party without her. She always comes early and helps set up, helps clean up, and then stays late and we visit!  I sure do miss living close to her....and our kiddos eat it up every time they get to play together! 
 



 
We tried to get a family picture.....let me say it again....TRIED.
 


 
And we TRIED to keep him awake to open presents!  He was excited at first, and then, well and then it was nap time! :) 



My sweet Mimi holding him right before my sister took him upstairs for bed!  (and no I didn't get a single picture with my sister or my nephew, Hoyt. Ughhh again)


Just enjoying a little more cake!  And enjoying sitting with her Bubba!



The birthday boy is all smiles as usual!  He is such a happy boy so far, and for that I am so thankful!


It is obvious that I am definitely his favorite! :)  And I am just fine with that! 





God has an amazing plan for your life, Kaylor.  I pray that you will walk after God, keep his commandments, and obey his voice.  I pray you will serve the Lord and hold fast to him, because HE will never leave you nor forsake you. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment