Friday, May 31, 2013

Perfect Mother...said No One Ever!

There are days when I feel like I have the hang of things and am doing a pretty good job with these two littles of mine! Then there are other days....much more often....when I feel like a complete failure of a mother. 

Days when I feel like I could throw a tantrum right along with my darling three year old.

Days when I can't keep my eyes open at the end of the day...only knowing I will be up to nurse a baby in 3 more hours.

Days when I've lost my cool...and taken it out on the ones I love the most.

Days when I know my kid hasn't had a healthy meal...and quite possibly didn't even eat breakfast. 

Days when I feel so guilty for not cuddling baby Kaylor near as much as I did Lucy Jane when she was his age.

Days when I want just ONE moment all by myself...even if it means grocery shopping at midnight!

Thankfully, his mercies are new every morning.

Thankfully, my children love me even though I'm not perfect! 

I sure love being a mom;however, I don't think it is fair for us moms to be so hard on ourselves. Cut yourself a break and know that even if you haven't showered, cooked a meal, or cleaned house all day...it can wait until tomorrow! Don't let anyone tell you loving on your babies isn't the most important thing. EVER. 

Some days my to do list doesn't get done. And sometimes my shopping cart gets left in the aisle while I leave the store! Maybe it even happened today, oops! 

We are all in one piece. We are all healthy. We have each other. Others aren't so fortunate. 

Playing, laughing, and cuddling my babies today. We aren't promised tomorrow! 


No comments:

Post a Comment