Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day

So thankful to have a Dad to celebrate on Father's Day. I have loved looking back on pictures and laughing (mostly at how we've changed over the years)!   I am so thankful to have a close relationship with both of my parents! They are such a great influence in the way I parent my children. I have such a long way to go, but am learning each day! Parenting is a tough job.  

I have a Dad that loves my babies like they are his own, and a mom that Lucy Jane wants to stay the night with every night! She would move in with my parents if we would let her! 

My babies are not only blessed with great grandparents, but also a great Daddy! Lucy Jane lights up when her Daddy walks in the room! She is always wanting his attention and time! 

My dad set the bar high for what a dad is called to do. One of the things I remember him saying most is...you don't have to love me but you have to respect me. He didn't care that I didn't always love every choice he made in disciplining me...but he always taught me right from wrong and did it in a Godly way. I didnt always listen...but i heard him! He wanted to teach us to live in a way that others respected the way we lived and to keep a good reputation. 

I remember bed time prayers, letters, and notes, even while living on my own. He has even sent Lucy Jane mail that we will keep forever. The little things that mean the most are things he always remembers. 

Being a dad is a huge responsibility and definitely not an easy task! So thankful for my dad and the dad that is raising my children. 







No comments:

Post a Comment