Sunday, June 30, 2013

He's still workin on me....

Rich, the kids, and I had a great weekend in Branson with friends! We went to visit the Kids Across America camp. This is a Sumer camp program for Inner City Kids. A friend of ours runs the camp and we have gone a few times to visit! 

We stopped in eureka on the way for dinner! 


On Friday night, we arrived at the camp just in time for the closing ceremonies. It is such a neat experience getting to see the excitement from all of the students and staff! They were shouting chants, doing dances, and radiating with excitement from a week full of being loved in and learning about The Lord! 



Saturday, we watched the kids load up and head home. My heart was so heavy for these kids. Most of them are going back to not so great circumstances. This one week of camp creates a high in them that could possibly change their lives forever. 

We played all day on Saturday!

Lucy Jane and Charlie getting ready to go for a ride!






Our sweet friends, the Steven's, that came along with us!


Both kiddos finally crashed at the end of the day!

We had such a fun weekend! I was convicted about what I am doing to serve. We are spoiled. We are ungrateful. We need to do more. 

Thankfully, he's still working on me, to make me what I ought to be. It took him just a week to make the moon and the stars, the sun and the earth, and Jupiter and mars. How loving and patient he must be...cuz he's still working on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment